Friday, October 24, 2008

Motherhood Epiphany

A few days ago, I realized why people have more than one child (I concede ahead of time that this may not be the *only* reason why people decide to bring #2 into this world): the clothes. I packed up The Child's 6 month clothes, and it made me so sad! Her grandmothers have made sure she is the best dressed baby girl in our county, and now she will never wear those outfits again. That seems almost.....wasteful! All of my favorite outfits of hers are folded up in a Rubbermaid bin, perhaps only to see the light of day at a garage sale in 7 years. Tragic.

Then, the following though briefly crossed my mind: I'll need to have 4 kids. 2 of each, so that I can really do the clothes justice. Like I said, briefly.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

OMG. Four kids? You actually thought that? This is me, virtually smacking some sense into you.