Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Natalie's New Nemesis

Today was the day The Child discovered broccoli. I should have known by the look on her face before she even had the spoon in her mouth. One sniff and she looked at me as if trying to say, "Mom, are you sure about this?" Wearing a big smile and with a happy voice, I encouraged her, and she opened her mouth. In went the spoon, and about 0.18 seconds later, out came the broccoli. This was followed by what can only be described as a violent visceral reaction just slightly less forceful than when she first tried pears (which she now loves). Somehow, I managed to convince her to try another bite, and that did not go any better. It was, in fact, followed by crying and tears. Big tears. As if the broccoli had somehow maimed her soul. At that point, carrots came to the rescue, and all was well with the world.

She still won't eat peas, and eats green beans with bare minimum enthusiasm. I guess another green veggie bites the dust. I'll keep trying, but I'm not holding my breath.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

I love her more and more. Have you pureed M&Ms yet? Bet she'd love those!